Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Monday, October 10, 2005

Mickey babysitts ..

Mickey and I have been planning to spend a day together on Long Island for so loooong :) .. I think I must have cancelled million times and I was going to do the same this time again ...

All I did on Saturday is sleep and mop over my diagnosis. It's been almost a month since they took away my right breast and I am still in denial about what is happening to me. Why me? Why now? Everything was going so well ... I just finished my degree in June (My big dream was achieved), I was planning my exciting trip to Brazil, I was interviewing for new jobs, I felt sexy and confident .. and I have a man with a HUGE heart next to me ...
...I don't think I cried once this year ...


... I don't even know how but Micks persuaded me .. he picked me up and we drove to the place, where I grew up. Well, not in a way a child grows up - more mentally and intellectually. We drove to Oakdale, NY. What a bachelor's pad he has! I've never seen an actual screen in anyone's apartment with a set up of an Xbox and the DVD player. Never having played those stupid games I decided to be this sexy warrior Xianghi (or whatever) and beat the shit out of Mickey as Son-sun-ya (or whatever) I never understood the fascination with these games .. and let me tell you! I still don't. We also drove race cars and visited a space station - too bad after 30 minutes of playing I still had difficulties shooting at the enemy rather than my partner Micks or driving for more than a second without crashing my car to the mountain.

Mickey has the most beautiful motorbike! I saw it for the first time today and wanted to try it ... I love speed and secretly always dreamed of becoming this biker chic in leather outfit just driving past guys who would then faint one by one from my beauty :) as I get off my Yamaha, take off the helmet and with a dignified toss to the side shake out my long hair.
Way to go Elv! (I will be bald in just a few weeks and never driven a motorbike in my life:)

We then visited Saruba or Syrup, also known as Saurabh :) in Port Jeff and had a romantic dinner in three accompanied by penne a la vodka.

Voila .. my first blog entry ... much more to come ....

1 Comments:

  • At October 10, 2005, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Hang in there girl. I am an old lady on the other side of the world, but I have a good set of shoulders and a good heart,(I believe) I have not been faced with such scary thing as you, but can only imagine how scarry it would be.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home