Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Thursday, January 11, 2007

My pictures in JPG magazine - online

Here I am again afer what seems like million years, but let me add - productive years. Sorry to be a dissapointment to all my 6 readers :( I am living life to the fullest and it seems to exclude blogging and computers ...

Well, first of - Happy New Year again! It's only the 11th of January and I've already broken my record for the year! I went 3 times to the gym!!!!
Applause please!!!!
Impressed? So am I, but if I am to be a beautiful bride in July without a sagging ass and hopefuly some muscle I better keep doing what I started ... EXERCIZE

I've made so many New Year's resolutions that I couldn't even list them here and I am not sure if I remember them all either ... surely many of them have to do with getting a body of Giselle or Karolina Kurkova and spending less money on clothes then they do. Oh yeah and getting a new freakin job! ... Which I should be working on instead of writing these lines, but I am a born procrastinator, so voila!

I need a bit of an emotional outlet before I turn my imagination on and design and redesign my resume and tell every HR person in New York City how wonderful I am so that they can then properly ignore my carefully constructed sentences, into which I poored all my sweat and creativity into! ... Becuase if you didn't know, now you'll know - I am a child of Communism and not only do I miss the American self-confidence and I lack on self promotional skills, I am also a bad liar so it's going to be difficult.

Looking for a new job sucks! This actress (dunno her name, but she is like 150 years old) was on TV a while ago and she was saying how she is still looking for the "big L" and so she posted her profile on a dating site. Apparently she did so, because her friend at the age of also 149 did the same with an attitude that she'll go on 100 dates and if that does not work, she'll just stay a spinster. Well, she married Mr. 86. So, I gave myself the same chances 100!

So far the score is 1:0 (1 resume sent out with ZERO response!)

What if I'll send out hundred resumes and if it does not work? (I'll be probably forced to send the 101th! Bummer!) I mean I have no excuse now, right? Got the degree, the permit and the hair!!! I'vE GOT HAIR!!!

It's so long that I am even thinking about getting a haircut! See, it's all the little things in life that count :)

Anyways, we spent three weeks at home and it was enough! I've had only 3 fights (discounting my arguments with mom), which is a good rate in comparison to previous years. One was with a little lady at Bratislava airport after realizing that our luggage did not arrive despite the plane being 45 minutes late, the other one was at a gas station with a lady who refused to show me our location on the map and pointed towards a map on the shelf "Find it there!" and the last one was at an Ikea in Bratislava with a girl who wanted to skip the line .. NOT in MY lifetime lady!

It's not easy being a vegetarian at home! Ok, I still eat chicken and fish, so I guess I am a pretend vegetarian, but still ... I was served a half meatball
"because I am a vegetarian" and was offered a vegetarian menu with spaghetti bolognese and penne with ham and cheese on it. So much for saving the living creatures of the world :)

Wedding planning going well too - it seems that I still have a hubby to be, who is sweet as ever. Mom also loves him because with her own words "He can not be a bad man if he was able to tolerate you for so long! " ... Go figure! I thought mothers were always supposed to fend their own, but I guess momma knows me better "because you're not easy personality" or so she says ...

Mamma mia .. it's so late again .... Niht night and keep voting for the artist who took the pics ;)

2 Comments:

  • At January 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In America, they say that "mama knows best!" What do you sink of that?

     
  • At January 16, 2007, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    well well look at you,,, all perky and stuff. My friend only has 4 treatments left and then we do another road trip back to Mississippi to her other daughters. Then back to Florida. Sounds like all is well with you I am happy for you. Just stopping by to say hi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home