Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Monday, August 21, 2006

Wow wow wow

Guess what? We won a honeymoon to Jamaica ..... Yaaaayyyy ... I am so excited!

When Geoff heard the news he just let out the biggest sight of his life saying
"Thank God, my fortune must be changing since the last time I had won anything was at Santa's drawing contest about 20 years ago!"

If you don't know the story this is how it happened:
One beautiful morning while waiting for my two-weekly chemotherapy session I picked up a bridzilla magazine and read "Honeymoon Contest! Share your story!" .. so I was like heck I keep writing on this blog and granted I feel great once I let my thoughts flow freely on the cyberspace, but could I possibly not get more out of this writing craze that I have?"

So, I got home and while feeling highly pukie with body ache in every single part of my skeleton I decided to tell them how Geoff and I met and ladiedaaaa all the rest .. Then I kept checking my mail gazillion times a day to see if they respond .. nothing! :( Until last week when I got an email saying we were the three finalists and I shoudl send pics (I guess they wanted to check if we were somewhat presentable ... and we passed the test!) ... So, today I got the call congratulating on our prize!!! Is that amazing????

Yamaaaan I am so excited!
Aren't you also excited to be buying the next issue of Mamnhattan Bride magazine? :)))

Check it out: http://www.manhattanbride.com/contests/HonCntst.html

Adios for a short while ... I am leaving for Puerto Rico on Wednesday morning ...

P.S. I am still fundraising if anyone would like to secure a great feeling that they supported a good cause!

4 Comments:

  • At August 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations Elvi and Geoff!! You both deserve this trip.
    :0)--Erin

     
  • At August 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elvi - you lucky, lucky girl!!! Congratulations - and have a great trip to Puerto Rico!

     
  • At August 23, 2006, Blogger Ola said…

    Congrats, Elvi!!!! You truely deserve it. :o)
    Have a great time in PR.

     
  • At August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so happy for you!!!! Big hug from Norway

     

Post a Comment

<< Home