Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Status changed: MARRIED!


Lemonade girl got married on the most popular date of July 7, 2007! (We thought of the date before Eva Longoria .. just FYI :) The event was attended by all who cared, all who received an invitation, all who had no visa issues getting out and back to the U.S and finally all who did not attempt to buy their flight tickets the last minute (khm khm). Going with the lemonade theme - the guests were given lemonade upon entry to the famous hotel "Therma" in Danube Wednesday, Slovakia. Besides the strong wind that kept blowing away the veil of the bride, the half working and not working at times microphone and the stage frightened MC who forgot to speak English the second he faced the crowd there were no major disasters! We all had fun, Geoffrey tangoed really well and got tipsy deservedly so after our first ever performance in front of somebody else than the tango queen herself, Mariela.
The dinner was followed by a pig roast, the highlight of many non-vegetarians. The pig was perheps the most photographed guest while Catholics, Jews and Non-believers devoured the delicacy.

8 Comments:

  • At August 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol.. I deserve that. Continuing our crazy roommate conversation from yesterday, check out
    http://www.mycrazyroommate.com/
    omg.. doesn't that remind you of D?

     
  • At August 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BTW, nice pics. It looks very beautiful.

     
  • At August 03, 2007, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    OH SWEETIE LOOK AT THAT PICTURE IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! thanks for stopping by and letting me know.


    My friend is doign great!!!! She says she is feeling better then any time in a long time. She is no longer having to work every day. She lives too far form me with her daughter in Mississippi. Her plan is to land in Florida again.....


    My hair,,, it is almost long enough to put a barret in ,,,,, ENJOY your life my young friend.....

     
  • At August 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck, congrats... we love you, Elvi M&M

     
  • At October 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! Have not been here for a while, my little one keeps me busy, but I did not forget..:-) Many happy years together!

     
  • At October 27, 2007, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    just checkin on ya how is life?

     
  • At December 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gratulalok! Mar regen hallottam feloled, es egy kozos regi ismerosunk adta meg a blog cimedet!
    Pusz, Denise (Vecsey) Cavanagh!

     
  • At December 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remember…

    My greatest fear,
    Is that this day, will come
    And no one will remember
    … No one but me.
    And there will be no one
    With whom to share the memories,
    No one to tell the same stories,
    And no one to believe.
    … This is my fear.

    Remember …

    This is the day I cried.
    … You cry.
    This is the day
    To hold our hands above the flame,
    And remember, the pain.
    This is the day I smiled.
    … You smile.
    For on this day we changed,
    Everything, changed,
    … This is that day.

    Have no fear.
    … For I remember you.
    The way you would want me to,
    Like yesterday, when everything was new.

    Remember …

    … I have remembered to remember,
    On the day that has been set aside
    For remembering, these things…


    By Kirk Palmer … November, 2007.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home