Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The REAL lemonade recipe

I am so excited every day to see all the visitors from many countries and places visiting my website. It is flattering to know that some people take their time to read about the happenings in my not so exciting residential life. Thank you!

I also noticed that while some want to know specifically about me, others find my site by a mistake ... They really are looking for a lemonade recipe, but surprisingly come upon "this girl's cancer diary" .... hmmm .... I guess this is not what you'd call an "upper" for your day, huh? ... Anyhow ....Whaaaattt are you looking for????
A lemonade recipe???
I am not a great cook myself, but isn't lemonade just water+sugar+lemon juice?

Now, that the summer is coming I thought it would be appropriate to make things right for the innocent ...

INGREDIENTS:
6 lemons
1 cup white sugar
6 cups cold water

Juice the lemons to make 1 cup of juice. To make your labor easier, FIRMLY roll the lemons between your hand and counter top before cutting in half and juicing.
In a gallon pitcher combine 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, and 6 cups cold water. Stir. Adjust water to taste. Chill and serve over ice.

- - - - - - - - -
Disclaimer: Other search words used to locate my website (by a mistake) were "bulky boobs". Sorry for discriminating, I do not intend to "make it right" for them ;)

1 Comments:

  • At April 27, 2006, Blogger omar said…

    aww,
    sorry to hear that!

    when I visited your profile, I thought this one was for cooking as well from the title. But I get what you're trying to say...

    And yummm,
    I am addicted to Juices, especially orange juice. Still though, I once had a whole jug a day of Lemonade. I'm a sugar monster! LOL
    or rather, a citrus one! *giggle*

    See you Around Elvi
    omar

     

Post a Comment

<< Home