Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Monday, March 06, 2006

Elvi News (from now on only once a week)

Ughhh I have not been writing very much lately, because I am enjoying my newly found chemo freedom though I still have numbing of my feet and feel a bit shaky at times.

My hair started growing!
Before I go to bed every night I stand in the mirror and observe the brown patch on my head and notice every millimeter growth and every single new hair. I never thought to be such a thorough observer, but I am!

I am glad to announce that besides having Jennifer, my life is slowly getting back to normal. As Elvi customary at this time of the year I get the urge to dig through my Summer closet, try on a few sun-dresses and pose for a few minutes in front of the large standing mirror in the bedroom, thus hoping that the ritual will bring me closer to warm weather and sunshine! I conclude, that bold may look good with jeans and boots, but a feminine little dress and no hair is just not an eye pleasing combination.

On a different note: Summer melted :0( I blame her life on Geoff's ice cream cravings that make him open the freezer again and again and again ...

Mickey and Saurabh visited me the other day and here is the pic Bubi took ....

2 Comments:

  • At March 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    face it.. with a name like summer, she never had a shot.

     
  • At March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Krasny blog. Gratulujem. Juraj

     

Post a Comment

<< Home