Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Monday, March 13, 2006

Another bathroom story




"Hmmm I wish I still had mine ... "








So sorry guys if I grossed you out with Jennifer's picture! For those that wondered - she is not in a toilet, but in a bathroom sink (Even though I'd love to flush her, the time is not ripe just yet.) I just wanted to share the experience ... at the end of the day ... How often do you see a wig taking a bath?

Unintended, but the next is a bathroom story again :) ...

* * * * * * * *

On my first big day out Misa, Flora and myself went to the movies.

Misa and myself are standing on the line that wraps around the theater (of course it's the lady's room line - if you haven't guessed - and not the men's, where guys come and go every second!) and chit-chat in loud Czech about this and that, when a cute old lady almost jumps at us with a smile all over her face :

"Hiii Giiirls! What a special occasion meeting two Czech ladies at the same time! It does not happen very often here, in New York!"
(I normally don't go into explaining my Hungarian-Slovak inheritance and smile politely leaving the lady the feeling of happiness of knowing that she just met two countrywomen at the same time in a New York City bathroom!)

Another stall opens up ... I'd love to take it, but the lady is still leading a full conversation and asking million questions about what we're doing here and how long we're staying in the big apple ... (forever?)

The lady behind us (with an obvious urge to run for the open stall) gives me an extremely unfriendly frown ....

"I am so sorry, I need to go" ...

Misa is "next door" and while others wait we feel comfortable discussing the event even further in loud Czech ... (Multitasking is a skill that one learns the best here, in the fast life of the city).

We're almost done when another voice ... from 4 stalls over and 4 doors down greets us among the various "body language" sounds "Hi girls, I am Czech too" ....

Who the person was will never know ... "Good-bye stall number 4!" ....

Just shows! The world is so small!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home