Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Naked photo story (notice the good ass :)

As the pictures shows below, I went to Long Island over the weekend to visit my friend Erin, whom I know from College. Well, more specifically from my Spanish classes, si?

The weather, despite of the initial bad forecast was beautiful - made for walking on the beach. On Saturday, we drove to Robert Moses beach, which is on Fire Island, off the shore of Longuyland (apparently I pronounce it like the locals do - the only reminder of my 5 years spent here).

There is a lighthouse at this part of the island standing in between a bay and the wide open ocean. I've been here before with Geoff and I knew that it will be a pleasant trip, especially given the warm weather. I love the ocean and the sand!

Returning from a loop around the lighthouse, the walking path divides - one leads back to the parking lot and the other towards the ocean beach. When we arrived at the crossing, Erin was going the parking lot way and I was rather heading towards the sand dunes in the distance. I knew, that there was a nude beach somewhere "over there" - far faaar away, but it did not even occur in my innocent mind that I will be facing a pair of dangling private male parts of about 65 years of age in few minutes staring up at me!

I was happy just strolling towards the dunes and clicking away on Geoff's camera (yeah .. I still can not operate my new fancy one ) like a Japanese tourist. Click here, click there .. we get to the steps leading down the sand and I see about thirty people scattered on the beach - some just lying, others walking or sitting by the waves making a splash.

"Erin, they're naked!" .. I said in a profound surprise as I noticed the couple nearby (picture below). Looking around I also noticed, that they weren't the only naked ones by far. I started feeling a bit self-conscious and uncomfortable wearing clothes head to toe ...
"Erin, do you think there is some sort of etiquette on a nude beach?"
I asked while zooming on the couple now at a distance ...
"I would say not taking pictures is one of them ... "
Oh ooooohhhhh AAHHAAAA ... I was on the wrong track .. I was concerned about wearing long sleeves ...

But I already got naked ... I took of Jennifer off at the bay ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home