Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Breast expert WANTED

ATTN: LADIES BE CAREFUL OUT THERE - not all breast examiners are looking for a lump!

* * * * * * * *

South Florida Sun-Sentinel Posted April 20 2006

A Coconut Creek man posing as a doctor, complete with a black medical bag, was arrested Wednesday after he was accused of fondling two women under the pretense of giving them free breast exams.Philip Winikoff, 76, walked up to a 36-year-old woman at a Lauderdale Lakes apartment complex and told her he was offering free breast exams Wednesday, said Hugh Graf, Broward Sheriff's Office spokesman. The woman let him in her apartment, but she realized after Winikoff began touching her that he wasn't a doctor, Graf said. She called the sheriff's office after he fled.

Later the same day, Winikoff allegedly accosted a 33-year-old woman in the same complex after persuading her to let him enter her apartment and examine her breasts, Graf said. Deputies found Winikoff walking in the 3200 block of Northwest 40th Street near the complex and arrested him. He was charged with two counts of sexual battery and two counts of battery.Investigators suspect Winikoff may have used the doctor ruse previously, Graf said."They believe there may very well be other victims out there and those victims may be embarrassed about coming forward, which is understandable," he said.Graf said people should be careful about who they allow into their homes."If someone shows up at your door that you're not expecting, that you don't know, then you shouldn't let them in," he said.

Anyone with information about Winikoff is asked to call the sex crimes unit at 954-321-4240.

2 Comments:

  • At April 27, 2006, Blogger omar said…

    I think this is outrageous,
    I can't believe there are people out there who got the guts to manipulate with such sensitive issue for the sake of repulsing means...

    I'm glad I found your blog,
    Wish you the best

    omar

     
  • At April 27, 2006, Blogger Elvi said…

    Omar, thank you for your comments, best wishes and visiting my life :)

    The flowers are in New Jersey, but New York is in full bloom also.

    I'll be reading you too :)!

    Elvi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home