Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What am I .... Part II.

Oi todos!

Today was my first day back at Portuguese classes ... YAY ...Rosie, the sexiest and funniest language teacher ever gave me a warm welcome ... My friend Radio and I walked into the class already in session when Rosie virtually stopped in the middle of the sentence squeezing her set of fake boobies to mine, kissing my cheeks "Querida I so gladyou'rehere aaaa " ... "aaaa" .... "aaaa" .... "Aaaaa"

She looked fab as always wearing a light brown two piece suit and lots of fake tan. The first thing she told the class right after I sat down was about my interview on TV Globo in Brazil and that I looked "Maravillosa" ...But of course I did ...

The reporter pointed the darn camera right into my cleavage and kept asking questions that I half understood and the other half I guessed (at times not exactly correctly, which was subsequently portrayed on the reporter's face) ...I have not seen the tape, but can visualize it as being highly embarrassing (not the cleavage, my Portuguese!)

Tudo bom!

Walking into the class I was worried about two things:
A) facing some of my old classmates and having to answer the curious looks about my hair
B) having to answer questions about my whereabouts for the past 6 months.
Heck, I was one of the most enthusiastic Portuguese students (even by my own standards) so what did exactly happen to me and why have I not been coming?

Hmmmm .. I was saving the Earth by not using non-ecological products like shampoos and hair conditioners, getting luxurious revitalizing treatments with loads of private attention, taking sexy modeling pictures for the Tyra Banks show thus helping some "other" unfortunate women, I was supporting the pharmacological industry and retail - most certainly, aaaaand writing a new bestseller called "Just a recipe on how to make lemonade" ...

There! Explanation in one sentence ... I am impressed myself!

Well, as it turns out there was no-one to ask these questions - most of my old schoolmates stopped coming and the other two were my friends aware of the situation.

I am preparing myself for future sanse Jennifer .... Preparation means shopping for my new look: boho-sexy-godess-diva-rock chic-kickscancerGirlsarse ... To achieve this well-defined look I shopped over the weekend for huge .. no, HUGE earrings and necklaces so that I will have some decoration instead of hair locks on my head/neck.
Shopping was a success!
With all those beads I bought I will end up looking like an albino African princess! I hope my ears or neck won't stretch like you see on National Geographic!

I think, I actually look all right .. or as my friend Jara said "You will look luxurious" just as Kylie Minogue does after treatment (yeah, right!).

My hair feels so cute (I know cute is not a word describing sensation, but I swear I feel cute! Darn cute!). I have multiple inspectors at home as well as work, daily checking on the progress of hair growth. I used to be ashamed a little about wearing Jenn, but honestly I don't give a "flying f*&^&^" anymore ... I love the entertainment value Jenn provides when I lift her off my head ("I tip my hat!") to the surprise of those around ...it always produces a good laugh ...

My peach fuzz is now more like feathers on a newly born chicken's head; about half centimeters long creating an utterly shapeless hairmess. You won't believe this, after I wash my chicken fuzz and go to bed as the hair dries I feel every single hair piece springing up ... such a funny feeling ....

Anyways, tomorrow I am off to Portuguese again - fulfilling one of my dreams from before and "Now that Harry's gone".

P.S. I also got my blood results regarding cancer markers in my body and they're lookin' great! By all signs I am healthy for another 4 months YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home