Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Twins coming soon! :o)

I noticed that a few people still visit this (thankfuly) long forgotten blog, so I decided to update it with the latest: we are expecting twins! Life must go on ... some suggested I don't have children due to my er+ pr+ diagnosis, but after research and discussions with my oncologist and other doctors we decided to go for it - it's a girl and a boy and we are sooo excited! Three years ago this seemed like lightyears away, but now that I am as huge as a whale and feel 4 feet surfing through my stomach it is becoming very, very real!

I will start a new blog about our new life so I can keep grandma in Slovakia updated and the few of my loyal readers who are interested :o)

4 Comments:

  • At May 02, 2009, Blogger Baloo said…

    Viva la new blog! :) Holvan, holvan?
    És persze granulációk a twinekhez!

     
  • At May 04, 2009, Blogger Deniska said…

    Igen, en is szeretnek hallani tobbet! Gratulalok nagyon, es nagyon boldog vagyok ertetek!

     
  • At June 12, 2009, Anonymous Simone said…

    shew.......I was only minding my own business googling (get this) LEMONADE to escape the fact that my partner is not coming home tonight as he keeps vigil with his son who has terminal (get this too)cancer. Crap, and here I thought I would distract myself by making them all lemonade. Life's a funny. Will pass your message along with the lemonade. So greetings from Africa here and love and magic and all that good stuff for your babies :-) x Now I'm off to get that recipe

     
  • At June 11, 2010, Blogger Bird said…

    Hello Elvi,

    I'm from the future (2010 to be exact) and I came to tell you that your babies will be the most ADORABLE, SWEET and GORGEOUS babes!!!

    And when they're 1, you'll throw then a big Birthday Bash with Pinwheels and Flowers and fruit kebabs hahaha

    And through this party malarkey you'll cross the path of a crazy lady who dreams about cupcakes and thinks she's a bird!! hahaha

    Watch out for the signs...You've been warned!! :D

    Live long and prosper (just seemed very appropriate..) :D

    beijocas

     

Post a Comment

<< Home