Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Pumpkin season at IKEA

What a complete waste of a day! Went to IKEA - bought everything but the kitchen sink; Saw the runaway bride with googoo eyes having a fight with a boyfriend over a sofa color and a dozen of other couples doing just the same ... ;

We fought - Geooofff hates anything that reminds him of a flower - like three dots next to each other - or pink - or red - or anything that has the least of a feminine touch.
We will live in a pastel world of grey and white from now on.

I heard on the radio the other day that pumpkin candles accentuate sexuality ... I picked up a small candle - apparently it's excessive at the moment because "we better worry about furniture" ... Having explained the reason for the purchase Geoofffffffreeeyyy picked up a 15 kilo pumpkin candle with three wicks and supportively assured me that he is willing to search through pumpkin outfits from the Halloween costume section or turn into a pumpkin for that matter ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home