Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Introducing Chemo Guy





The coolest guy on the blok! Chemo GUY! (Not to be mistaken with a character from Sponge Bob! They are very similar indeed!)


The one thing I have not been looking forward to is chemo! I knew the day would come, but now it's closer than ever! Friday at 9:15 I will walk in, as usual to the clinic and have my body subjected to a chemical rape thus willingly surrendering to whatever the 007 agent does to my body.

Those that know what is about to come are suspiciously nice to me these days and look at me with sad puppy eyes, thus conveying their compassion, which is the one thing I need the least - not the compassion, the puppy eyes!
Wooof woooof!

Can everyone start acting like it's a treatment and not a death row????

I know it's hard to comprehend if you've never had to go through this or never knew anyone who had done it - I haven't done it myself before either and with all honesty never wished for this experience to come my way, despite of the fact that I am a firm believer that most things in life should be tried at least once.

This should not be the time for sorrow and pity!
It should be the time when you make THE fiesta and I come to enjoy the party without bringing the kegs of beer or wine and not feel guilty about it!
You guessed it! I want to be spoiled rotten :) ..
Or can you please look somewhere else? Woof Wooof

* * *

I will have two people with me on Friday - The Men of the YEAR (Geoff) and Chemo guy! G is my bed sharer and Chemo guy is this skinny, frail looking sexless creature (Dennis thought he was a calamari) that listens to the name "Chemo Guy". CG is a present of Dr. Ross, who not having a clue about the connection that I will have with him, brought CG to the hospital as a gift.
The name is derived mostly by his bold head that reminds me of what mine will look like in about two weeks! Gwen (my wig's hairdresser, who can't wait to cut off my ever growing brown roots) agreed to buzz my hair off on December 1th!

Another big date coming this way!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home