Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Monday, November 07, 2005

Rage

Mickey just called ... our very good friend, one of my most loyal cheerleaders was mugged by someone on Long Island. A guy who could not hurt a fly even if he wanted to - sincere, warm-hearted and loving!

I can't sleep ...

He got hit twice with a baseball bat to his head and is in a hospital ... I may as well give up on making that F8787in' lemonade ... The "things happen for a reason" theory is out of the window also ... I hope he'll be fine ...
I am not sure which God I believe in, or whom to ask for a "favor" but I pray ...

* * *

Just heard the news .. Saurabh is fine! They did an MRI of the brain and said it may have actually helped him (baaad joke! :). The hospital visit apparently took 6 hours, 5 of which was waiting for the nurse to discharge him ... Some aspects of health care in the US aren't very different from Eastern Europe. The muggers/drugies left with a suitcase of $20 in cash!!! (Not enough for a bag of marijuana - maybe a loaf of bread and a jar of organic jam?)

* * *
Take 5 lemons .....

1 Comments:

  • At November 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    love ya elvi. Your wishes did reach me.. maybe that's why I am fine (and I do mean FINE) as before.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home