Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Sunday, January 15, 2006

3 more to go!!!

Saruuba and Moi ... once again ...
* * * * *

Light at the end of the tunnel!

Only 3 more of these yaayks injections and I'll be done! The new "stuff" I am getting is called Taxol and it takes almost 4 hours to go down!! That is 4 hours sleeping in my little cubicle while my consultant boyfriend/fiancee does his tables and spreadsheets on his laptop.

We waited ever so patiently in the waiting room for the chemo to start, however our peaceful time was disturbed by a lady sitting just across ...
Weeeeoooooo
weeeeoooo
weeeooooo
sounded the alarm ....

I was ready to evacuate the building before noticing that the ear deafening, obnoxious, loud noise was "this" lady's cell phone - VOLUME 7 and not a fire drill.

Geoff's face expression met mine .... we're on a same wavelength ...
Should she start up a loud conversation, we'll move on ...

Oh no lady, you didn't just start telling one of your friends how your week was ...


Quick math ...

It's Friday today, you're just describing what you had for breakfast on Monday morning and it's taking you what seems like eternity to all of us "listeners" ...

I poke Geoff's side and asses our cumulative tolerance level ... OK, we'll stay ...

........ Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuesday ......... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeednesday ..........

I exchange an alarming nod of understanding with the couple opposite - they are also ready to go, but not ready for a conflict, and so we listen to her annoying noises and stories about cooking, bosses, co-workers, the holidays and nieces ...

Suddenly the lady next to us stands up, walks over towards "this" other blond Jennifer (With a much shorter haircut and may I be impolite and say ... sitting on an ugly head?)

"Lady, please keep your conversation down, because you are bothering all of us!"

Jennifer II jumps and shrieks "Why didn't you tell me? " "Why are you telling me now?" "You should have told me!" ....

"Well, I am telling you now!"

"And why is nobody else complaining?"

Jennifer II's famous last words caught the ears of another 6 people around and we all ganged up! ...

"I am not a mind reader ... I didn't know ... Why didn't you tell me .... "
(Apparently JenII never gives up ... )

The staff also arrives ... Her treatment is ready in seconds, she leaves, we're satisfied!

I check my cell phone - no signal ... Geoff looks at me ... we roll eyes simultaneously and burst to laugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home