Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Brunch


I am back! First day after what seems like 5 years of my life and I have the enthusiasms to write and to LIVE.

Under normal circumstances I'd be the person "preaching" to you about the beauty of life and giving you all kinds of "heard before advice" like ...

Bad times have to be part of life, otherwise we would not appreciate the good times ...

Time will heal everything ....

Look at the bright side ....

Find the positive in every negative ...

Make lemonade! :)

That is under "normal" circumstances ... this chemo, however is not normal by any means and the F&**&er started to take it's toll on my emotional state ...

Forget nausea, chemobrain, mouth sores, sore throat and "other" digestive tract problems ...

* * * * * * *

Noa, Almog and I went for a brunch today to the Vinegar Factory. This was one of my biggest trips in weeks (5 blocks from home!)

Almog ordered salmon, Noa and I both picked the "Eggs Florentine" consisting of two poached eggs, spinach and some creamy sauce ...

"Yumm yumm" Noa chewed happily enjoying the meal while Almog stacked salmon and capers on her seven grain bread.

"I love salmon ... hmmmm ... Almog exclaimed"

"I've never ordered this before, but I really like it" Noa said.

I on the other hand was quiet, but busy relocating a bunch of spinach from right side of the plate to the left and back, poking at the eggs, cutting them half, then quarter and watching the yolk ooze out to the green bed spilling all over ...
... Then I started carefully directing food traffic towards my mouth.

"Chuuu chuuuu" one little spoo-ooo-OOOn (or a fooorrrooork .. ) and another one lalalaaa ... before I disappear from my size 2 jeans and shrink to Stewart Little or need to shop for myself at the GAP Kids ...

"How is your meal Elvi?"

Oh the food?!
The texture is great, the color is vibrant and it's nice and warm! Thanks!

I can not taste a thing ...

* * * * *

Yeah my life ...

* * * * *
I am not sure Eggs Florentine has a smell ...

2 Comments:

  • At January 09, 2006, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO should I think color was the best part? Godo to read you, I think of you often. My friend will be startign her treatments soon.

     
  • At January 09, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Orulok, hogy ujra jelentkeztel.
    Mar kezdtem aggodni...
    MM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home