Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Girlfriends do have fights


(it's not me on the picture .. just an illustration ;)

* * * * *
Jennifer is getting on my nerves!

Why?

Well, she is selfish, hysterical and messy! And did I mention itchy?

Our friendship started off great, but since then it's been down the hill ...
Remember how excited I was about my pink bag?
Not anymoooorreeeee ...

Even though she is loyal and never actually fell off my head (thanks to the tape I secure to the top of my Gorbatchov patch) she gets crazy messy, especially at the back.
Sometimes I reach to my neck and my fingers get entwined in web of what feels like dental floss. A neglected Barbie doll has better chances of having her hair combed than Jen at this stage.

Other times I manage to forget that I have her (or she has me?) and when I come home and take off my jacket I also tear her off my head ... oh, I forget - she is NOT a hat!

So, here I am in a bathroom with a croche hook and 50 different combs and brushes trying to straighten some fake hair on a fake head stand for real life use.

The fight is not an easy one despite my executioner tactics of using scissors by the time my nerves give in.

There!

I cut her, croched her, "thinned" (thinned = viscously ripped out a bunch) and virtually raped her by the time I can easily dig the comb inside the blond locks and pull through. Is this what you call a catfight?

No, she is psyched!

Every single one of her plastic strands stands up and is charged with excitement (220 volts of electricity) - not the most fashionable hairdo these days and so nothing helps ... I give up ...

Godmother Gwen was right: She needs maintenance!
Like all friends do!

Being apart makes the heart grow fonder.
Please, let it be my case during the soon upcoming Jenless two days!

5 Comments:

  • At January 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    she was nice to me.. gentle and warm. But I didn't last long :(

     
  • At January 12, 2006, Blogger Elvi said…

    Hehe ... a cheating girlfriend .. can I post your picture here? :)

     
  • At January 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    as long as u r not jealous ;)

     
  • At January 15, 2006, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Just go get soem beautiful scarves girl,,,, They are in now ya know. Sorry she is giving you trouble. My friend could not start her treatments, she got another infection where her drain tube was. She is in the hosp. I am not feelign too good with this. Hang in there sweety.

     
  • At January 15, 2006, Blogger Elvi said…

    Oh Jay .. I am sorry to hear the bad news!
    Please, tell your friend I wish her the best!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home