Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A different kind of business


Today's piece of happiness on top of the not-so intelligent news of New York!

* * * * * * * * * *

A man with a deep slow voice called the office today ...

"Hello! Would you be able to check on two companies for me in the Czech Republic?"

I immediately assumed that I had a business person on the other side, wanting to verify some company with whom he is negotiating some kind of a deal ... Contrary to the other million times when I get the same request, this time it wasn't a glass/bead or beer company, but two dating agencies! He is not planning to import/export to/from the CZland - he is planning to marry.
(On the second thought - this may be importing!)

Under normal circumstances I am the biggest supporter pretty much of any kind of dating and encourage my single friends to try all the following methods: online dating, speed dating, blind dating, setting them up with friends or friends of friends or friends of friends of friends or whomever I know. Even advertising in Time Out is a good idea or the good old method of being picked up at a bar. Nevertheless, the whole idea of a person calling a country that it's name he can not pronounce and inquiring about the "stock" as you would about a merchandise .. I I I I I I I I I I I I I don't know ... Even I maybe a little conservative for that.

This man sparked a curiosity in me. What makes him believe, that if during his 50 years (judging by his voice) walking on American soil he did not find THE ONE, he will succeed during a week? or 10 days? that he will spend in Prague?

Then I read the article below (copied in its exact form) from one of the agency's website and understood where his confidence steams from ...

* * * * * * * *
Finding a Czech wife

Every day we meet men from various parts of the world who are looking for a wife, a women for life, in the countries of Eastern Europe.
They are often tired and even disgusted by the manner the women in their home country behave. That is why they have begun to search their bride in Eastern Europe. We have many times heard quite unbelievable stories and experience of men, our customers, with women from Western Europe and the USA. Stories of how women in their countries are mostly after money, their car, house, and property. It has become a standard that women spend a lot of money for plastic surgeries, in cosmetic salons, psychoanalysts etc.

Example: “John from the USA told us about his experience. The women he knows in his home country do not cook at all, they buy ready-made food or go out to a restaurant to eat. Someone else has to take care of cleaning up, John has never seen such a woman washing dishes or cleaning up the household, and still it is he who works and brings money home.”

We are always surprised to hear stories like that although we have heard them many times. Such behavior is not common in the Czech Republic. With your decision to go for a Czech bride, you may have taken the best first step for your happy life. Czech women are brought up in the traditional way, they are not so emancipated and influenced by feminism. A Czech wife is usually caring, loving, sincere, and faithful. They like it to be caressed and taken care of by you, and in reward they will take care of you and give you love. If you are looking for a partner, bride or woman for life, we will be very glad to help you in this quest. Just select one of our programs and register! And leave the rest up to us...

* * * * * * * *

The article speaks for itself. I am enlighteneded! The only thing that I still wonder about is why a friend of mine - a Slovak wife, who cooks, does not eat ready-made food, washes dishes, cleans, never had plastic surgery, is loving caring, sincere and faithful and is uninfluenced by feminism sent me this joke:

80% of all women do not get married, due to the realization that for 60 grams of ham it's not worth to raise a whole pig.

1 Comments:

  • At November 30, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    This "nice" description of women makes me want to write a similar about American men who are on the lookout for Eastern European, or any non-American and non-Western European women. The agencies should inform these girls about what they can expect of these men!
    Oy!
    And also - As a sort of imported wife myself, I would like to stress that we both wash the dishes and we both cook! And neither one of us likes either :-))).
    Love,
    MM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home