Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Women are from Venus and Men are from somewhere else ...








Somewhere Else VS Venus

"Who ate my ice-cream?"
"Who slept in my bed?"
"Who messed up the pile of t-shirts in the closet?"
"Who left the dirty dishes in the sink?"
"Who left puddles of water in the shower?"
"Whose clothes are all over the bedroom floor?"

I precisely know, how Snow White felt when she realized that someone ate her poridge and messed up her bed! I live in a very similar relationship!
(How lucky that I only have to deal with one man and not seven like poor Snowie had to .. ). Having perceived other couples, we belong to the norm - we bicker and fight and make up and start all over again.

"Who ate my ice-cream?"
We go shopping.
He buys the super size low fat, low calories peppermint chocolate chip ice cream!
I buy the single pint Hagen Daaz strawberry!
He eats his in 2 days.
I would like to eat mine over a two weeks period, but by the time I actually get to it it's gone!
Who ate my full-fat ice-cream????

"Who slept in my bed?"
I looove the crispy white sheets and even when the freshness of them is gone, I tuck right and left on it pulling the sheet, straightening it with my hands, making sure that the bed is symmetrically, aesthetically and fashionably corresponding to those in Martha Stewart's magazine.
* * *
He'll toss the duvet over the bed thus hiding the creasing sheet underneath and throws two pillows on top of it - job done in two seconds!

(Illustrative picture taken by the author about two days ago! Picture one was the bed "made" - according to HIM!)

"Who messed up the pile of t-shirts in the closet?"
First, I carefully build little chimneys of t-shirts and sweaters in the closets that please the eye. Should I need to/want to wear one that is not on the top, I methodically lift the top layer, carefully pulling out a shirt, thus placing the rest on top!
* * *
He: will grab the one that suits his mood (not the clothes) dragging the one at the bottom. Now the chimney lies in ruins of a battle field - the closet.


"Who left the dirty dishes in the sink?"
Well, it certainly wasn't me ;)


"Who left puddles of water in the shower?"
and "Why is the shower curtain pulled to the left and not to the right?"
(Where it actually makes sense .... )
"Why can you not dry yourself while standing inside the tub, but like a rubber duckie on TV have to walk across the entire apartment with dripping water all over?"

"Whose clothes are all over the bedroom floor?"
Can you guess?

P.S. I love you, my man :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home