Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Monday, February 06, 2006

Life as a couple

E-mail exchange:

Boy: 3:15 PM
Honey bunny, please dont' freak out about the dishes in the sink - i'm setting your expectations that there are a lot of them but i don't have time to wash or put in DW. I will do it after my calls end at 7:30.

Love U, G

Girl: 4:38 PM
G Love, please do not piss me off! Even if you set my expectations I DO NOT LIKE to come home to a mess ... and you know that, so please act accordingly! Thanx!

Love U2, LV


Boy: 5:05 PM
Honey, the dishes are done... so there.

Boy: 5:07 PM
.... don't forget to take off your shoes and leave your broomstick at the door...
G

4 Comments:

  • At February 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh..! Ain't LOVE just grand..!

     
  • At February 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On that thought... Don't you think dishes are the least of your problems as well as Geoff's... I think you need to chill out..! alittle..!

     
  • At February 07, 2006, Blogger Elvi said…

    Thank you for the "meaningful" comment. Obviously you did not get the point :)

     
  • At February 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Elvi,

    Please keep discussing the dishes and and forget for a moment the other problems !


    Misa

    P.S. I have been married for four years and I found the question "Who is going to do the dishes" ( or rather the answer to this question ) a key to a successful marriage :-)))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home