Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I envy

I envy you, who wakes up in the morning without realizing that another day has gone by because time is of no essence

I envy you, who is able to listen to the radio and TV without noticing every advertising for some drug that may work for cancer

I envy you, who looks in the mirror and can keep a stare

I envy you, who can dance and skip and run and dare

I envy you, who thinks that bad things happen to others and will not happen to you

I know the feeling, I used to have it myself (what a mistake) ...

I envy you, who goes to a restaurant and is able to look at the menu without seeing all the antibiotics in meat and a la carte MSG in Chinese tofu

I envy you, who tells me "It's going to be a OK"
(I'd love to be you)

I envy you, whose hair is blown by the wind into your face and it feels like silk

I envy you, who goes to play rather than being stuck at home watching "Project Runway"

I envy you, whose body is not messed up by chemicals. Even though you say "It's almost over" I stand alone in this battle for much much longer

I envy you, who goes to bed and sleeps without worries, whose plans and goals and dreams were not affected by some horrible disease ...

I envy you, because you don't know how this jealousy feels and think I shouldn't envy


Will you forgive me?




Because I do,
I envy you!

11 Comments:

  • At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elvi, very nice article. Chin up please..:-)Btw, do you still think that there are people out there sleeping without any worries? If so, I envy them too!

     
  • At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...and we (or at least I) envy you, because you had the power to admit not only to yourself but to the whole world that you envy us...
    ;)

     
  • At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Elvi. Happy Belated Valentine's Day. All the love to you from me. Sorry, I am not here as often as I would want to be.
    I know I am not the best friend you have got there, but ..... I just want you to know that I care for you.

     
  • At February 15, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    no, you should not envy any of us, because nobody's life is perfect, even if from a distance it may seem so. usually, we get the crosses we are able to bear....

    on the other hand - i absolutely understand all of the envy you have mentioned.

    love,

    mm

     
  • At February 15, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    i understand that you envy.
    and i think you should not, because nobody's life is perfect, even if it seems so from a distance. we usually only get the crosses we are able to carry...

    love,

    m

     
  • At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't know you could write poetry..
    I hate every day that goes by when I have not learnt anything from it. A repeat of life is not living.
    love,
    S

     
  • At February 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are fully allowed to think like that. The truth though is that all these things you mention here, are things we dont appreciate enough when we are not sick.
    When all this is over Elvi.. I think your life will be even better then before! That is because you will know how to love life to the fullest! (a cliché I know, but I believe it is the truth)
    Love from Line :)

     
  • At February 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohh.. I didnt see your message on MSN in time..
    Love Line

     
  • At February 19, 2006, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    OOOOO sweetie, I may not be by here as often as I should be. But you really do need to know that I have you right in the top of my brain and heart every single day. It sounds weird but I really do think of you EVERY DAY!!Your bravery blows me away, I am not sure if I could handle the stress and crap that you have and are going through. Please know that it may seem you are all alone, but you are not!! I may have started readyign you for personal reasons, but YOU have also become a personal reason to me too.

     
  • At February 21, 2006, Blogger Foo Fighter 1999 said…

    I don't declare to know what you are going through with cancer but I can empathise and sometimes when things seem insurmountable we are freed on another level. Sorry for the "motivational crap" but I try to find something that is hopeful. I wish you luck my friend and just know (if it means anything) I hear you and can understand what you are feeling...most sincerely....Lynn

     
  • At February 21, 2006, Blogger FrauBucher said…

    I understand more than anyone might think, but unlike cancer and chemo- I was poisoned by pesticides. So no kids, no good health and many hard days for over half of my life. But I died and came back, so I know not much else is important than enjoying your time and loving those in your life, cuz it could be all over tomorrow one way or another. Peace, frau

     

Post a Comment

<< Home