Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Dreams VS Reality


I've been meaning to take this picture for a long time! This sign is posted at the entrance of our old building in Queens. If the "EXIT" sign does not help, the green sign next to the red button will.

(Thank you for the informative direction on behalf of all color-blind individuals with red/green deficit. )

* * * * *

I have nothing exciting to report from the weekend besides the fact that I am longing to get my old life back. I don't necessarily mean the cancer-free as much as the Ikea, Bed/Bad/Beyond and Target free world. I am so busy picking out the right color of the toilet mat that I actually feel guilty about forgetting about Harry (the cancer). I read about Kylie Minogue how she is going from one healer to another yet the closest I got to Harry issues is reading my horoscope and interpreting my dream.

I dreamed about a tiger attacking me. The attack appeared much more violent than the monkey bites from Costa Rica, that I pride myself with from 4 years ago. Unlike the monkey that was stupid enough to know, that I wasn't the one who wanted to take his stolen camera, this tiger knew exactly what he wanted! My meat!!!

Eager to find the interpretation of the not so vegetarian dream I rushed to the computer and typed in "tiger". Dream interpretation is really not my thing but under the circumstances I will trust pretty much anything that is supposed to bring luck or foresee my bright, healthy and rich future with kids ... like the chain emails that you send to 15 poor fellas that didn;t even know that you had in your address book after which the phone rings
"You just won million dollars" .. and your life turns upside down ...
Now, of course if you're me, you send the the chain letter, the phone rings
"Ms. Vida! We'll need to see you at the office, please make an appointment"
"Is there anything wrong?"
"No, no ... your results are just a-typical; Don't worry it is probably nothing ..."
... and your life still turns upside down ...

Hoping that my tiger would be a sign of health this is what I found:
"To dream that you are attacked by a tiger, signifies overwhelming gloom and disappointing failures. You may find yourself distressed and tormented by rivals. "

and this ...

"To see wild animals in your dream is generally a good omen pertaining to business, but the interpretation depends on their attitude; if they were calm, your affairs will prosper, but if they attacked you (or each other), you can expect some reverses. "

I am pissed off with dreams! I think I'll rather choose reality ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home