Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Summary

Summary of things I did/I had/I wished for since my last treatment:

Stayed in bed feeling like poopoo 5 (days)

Attempted to enjoy myself while going to a restaurant 1x
(Rushed home and went to bed feeling sick after consuming my French onion soup while gawking at a plate of an anorexic girl and watching what she eats ... terrible right? )

Cancelled various plans 3-4 x
(I am the worse person to make plans with these days ... )

Did not pick up the phone because I was feeling hmm .. sick? 100 x

Wished I had long hair cca. 50 x
(We are saving more money on hair gel, shaving cream, razors and highlights than ever before ... )

Wanted to stick my tongue out and tell them to get lost when someone complimented on my "new" blond hairdo 2 x
(A lady from the opposite deli and another one from the office building .. I thanked them instead and squeezed out a lemonie smile from my face ... )

Proved myself that I can actually cook a meal 2x
(Vegetarian curry and toasted eggplant ... impressive, huh? :)

Pairs of socks I could not find after washing all our clothes 2x
(Ever wonder where they go? Me too!)

Spied on neighbors with binoculars 1x
(Only because it was still on the side table after Mike and Geoff observed a half naked woman from the opposite building the other day .. purely for educational purpose, of course .. )

Tried to do "expert" Sudoku, but could not finish 5x
(Hey friend with the "old lady name" :) ... I'll never be as good as you I guess .. but then again I'll never be a lawyer or a policewoman either :p)

Hospital visits 2x, needles 2x, eye infection 1x

Wished this thing was over MILLION x ...........

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home