Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My last post ...

Thank you all for your "ovewhelming amount of good wishes" in my last post about my today's operation!

I am still alive - achey and not too great, but recovering and this shall also pass in a few weeks hopefully for better!

I wil not be writing here any longer! I feel a little deserted by all, who read my page and would not bother wishing me well. - It takes a few seconds to post a comment even if annonymously, right? Quite honestly, I am sick and tired of hearing that "People do not know how to react" - such a lame excuse! Just say "you" wish me luck and leave it at that ... so easy yet it means so much!

If there is one thing I learned in life is that sometimes not taking action is often more hurtful than just sitting back in your chair and feeling sorry for the other ...

And, with that good-bye blog, good-bye all! I will probably write somewhere else - this time anonymously just for myself and noone else :)

* * * * * * *

Here: You can check out my Boobee friends interviewed on CBS Jenna and Steph:
http://wcbstv.com/video/
Search: Roz Abrams reports: Conquering Breast Cancer (May 23rd, 2006)
....................

5 Comments:

  • At May 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Elvi,

    this is second attempt today to post this ;)

    I enjoyed reading your blog a lot, and was planning to write you one day ..., but as I see now your last post, I have now probably last chance ;))

    You are very brave and you have great sense of humor. I am from Slovakia and last few years live in Sydney, so for me was also interesting to see how well you adjusted to life in different country.
    I think you have talent for writing. I am totaly sure you will in future write some great book. Maybe also this blog would make a good book.

    I wish you all the best, good health and lots of love. I sort of thought that you are recovering at the moment and I actually didnt realise you still have to have one more operation. I hope you will get well soon.
    Dada

     
  • At May 26, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    well, well.
    i guess we deserved it - i had no idea that you are having your operation today or anytime soon.
    of course - and i mean it - i am wishing you well as always!!! will be thinking and calling.
    my finishing this semester ended with writing about 200 pages of academic stuff, so please forgive if i did not read and react - but loved the blog anyway, when i saw it.
    love,
    m

     
  • At May 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had fun reding your tales. I did not write back because I am selfigh... Will miss you on the net, but the truth is I will have you for ever in my heart.

    Love,

    Diana

    PS: Wishing you a fast recovy

     
  • At May 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girls. I wish all people were as "selfish" you all are .. as Diana, or Erin or Martina or Miriam or Dada :) The world would be a better place! I am sorry for this psychological meltdown (also called a post-operational self-pitying worldhating Elvi fit :) THank you for all your good wishes!
    Elvi

     
  • At May 28, 2006, Blogger Beso Invisible said…

    Hola! I'm from Chile...
    Well, I found you in the profiles search , because I also like Los Amigos Invisibles! Ahm, I don't speak english very well... but... is good to find people who loves LAI. I recommend you: Fundacion Tony Manero from Spain, Santo Domingo Funk Crew from Republica Dominicana, y Papanegro from Chile.

    Saludos!
    Bye.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home