Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Boobs au naturel!


Woke up, looked through my collection of pants, shirts, skirts and dresses and decided to go with the tango dancer design. Looking at the mirror I was more bothered today than before - it is awkward to walk around with two different size and shapes. The only way I was going to win the "Let's look good and attract some attention" competition on the streets was putting on my extra short extra tight mini skirt. .. decided against the distractive method and rather regressed to age 8 ...

"NO, this sock is too bulky, this one is scratchy, this one I just hate - should have liquidated it long time ago ... Let's see what else ... aaahh handkerchiefs!

... Started off with carefully stacking one inside the B cup and pushing it against my boob.
Look
Re-adjust
Measure
Borrow mens critical eyes
Push it up like you're proud of what you've got
.. Ohh YEAAHHH MAMASITA ... (Papi you better watch out for that drill in your hand, because you are just about severing your finger! ... AAAaaaand you know what they say the lenght of men's fingers indicate?!!! :)
Maybe another handkie
and another one,
another one ...
well, maybe I should stop now before I take up xtra subway space and have it squeezed out during some highly humiliating experience ...

The results are great!
No pain, no saline just some colorful cotton made in China. Handkerchiefs are really a multi-functional item! My friend Erin told me once a story about another multi-functional item. It happened during her elementary school years. Erin, a friend and mom went to the mall ... being 12 they ran until Erin tripped, her forehead cut .... mom shuffled through her bag and geniously found a hygienic pad! Stuck it to her forehead and she was healed! Psychologically marked for the rest of her life she still recalls the embarrassment ....
She needed those wings way before she fell! Always!

* * * * *

Tomorrow I am off wig shopping! A really big day! Any ideas?

1 Comments:

  • At October 23, 2005, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Sorry it has been a while, but I am still thinking about you daily. My friends surg. was changed to this coming Friday, the 28th.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home