Just a recipe on how to make lemonade ...

Hi! I am Elvi. I live, work and play in New York City. Initially I started this blog to share my experiences with the world about my breast cancer diagnosis and the chemotherapy afterwards, but now (knock knock on wood) I just write about my everyday life encounters. I believe, that every experience in life can be turned into a positive one, hence the title ... When life gives you lemons make lemonade! (And I've made lots of it already!)

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Must have breast cancer thingimigics


This breast issue is getting old I know, but everywhere I turn these days it seems to follow me. It started with the breast cancer month - October, to walks, websites, ribbons, sweaters and even Bloomberg saying on TV how concerned he was for me. (The photo is of a breast cancer candle sold by Pier1 - just in case you wondered what breast cancer smells like). Having breast cancer as it seems is quite hip and a business like no other.

Bed Bath and Beyond sells tic-tac in a pink box! Another lady I found on the net knits fashionable fake boobs in any shape or color ($65 for a single one!!!!). I liked the watermelon design with black pits - just to beat the stereotype aaand get this! The Brits came out with a boob implant mp3 player.
Relieeefff ..... eventually something exciting is coming my way - I hate those gay fanny pack carriers anyway.

I can not beat this description of the product ... :

" Accordingly, he's proposed sticking an mp3 player in one dug, and a storage chip in the other. Quite how playback is achieved we're not quite sure*, but it may well involve the listener burying his or her head in the cleavage for a full stereo effect.
Likewise, God alone knows how you select tracks, but breasts do come equipped with a pleasing alternative to the iPod's selector wheel. We can imagine the scenario: Girlfriend: "Oi, what the bloody hell are you doing?" Boyfriend: "Hold on, I'm just scrolling down to Stairway to Heaven.
"

Another exciting fact about BC as told by Geoff's mom's tailor's daughter is that her oncologist did not like the drugs that are prescribed for side effects and as it goes Geoff's mom's tailor's daughter got a prescription for no other than medical Maaariiiihuaaaana.

I am a little bit of a Billy Clinton myself - can not inhale, but I am sure that practice makes perfect and will get the hang of it ... This weed thing is somewhat of a karma coming back to me, because the first crying week I spent listening to Bob Marley "everything's .. gonna be all right ... "

No darlings! All those that have not made friends with me until now, it's too late! :)
I don't do friends interviews until I grow my old hair back!

3 Comments:

  • At October 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whoa.. I want that mp3 playa on every hot chick now.. g'uvners orders.
    I know what I am getting you next july ;)

     
  • At October 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    number 3, Elvi... no question...

     
  • At October 23, 2005, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    watermelon boobs? wow you could toss teh fruit bowl while walking. Chin up girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home